Hey there! I’m Joanne Rose
I’m a multi-award winning screenwriter who writes original female-centered comedies, by giving a strong voice to female characters.
I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and lived Los Angeles for over 20 years, before moving to Maui, Hawaii. I’ve been a screenwriter for over ten years.
Despite growing watching R-rated horror movies from the age of 5, it was my love of comedy and drama that inspired me to become a screenwriter, especially the work of John Hughes.
I studied Writing for Comedy and Writing for Television at RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) and took screenwriting courses and programs in LA.
Vegan Vision Productions was the first production company I started in 2009, which focuses on web series and unscripted programs for TV.
I opened my second production company Sweetest Pit Bull Productions in 2015, which focuses on original female-centered comedies, by giving a strong voice to female characters.
Just The Facts
- Web Series: The very first show I wrote, produced and performed in was the multi-award winning sketch comedy series, Vegan 101. The series launched online in 2009 and ran for 3 Seasons, ending in 2012. Season 2 guest-starred Oscar-nominated actor, Eric Roberts with music by Keaton Simons.
- TV Pilot: My TV pilot script, Life of Groupies won an award as an official finalist at the 2014 Hollywood Screenplay Contest and 2014 Beverly Hills Screenplay Contest.
- Films: My romantic-comedy screenplay, You Had Me At Aloha was a 2017 Aloha Accolade Award winner at the Honolulu Film Awards.
- I optioned my Christmas comedy script to a company in Canada who offered me a second deal for my romantic-comedy
- Acquired a shopping agreement to a music biography for screen adaptation
- My screenplays, The Christmas Blogger and You Had Me At Aloha are both amongst the top projects on Coverfly’s industry database
Joanne Rose is the hardest working comedian/writer you’ll ever meet. Huge thumbs up! And did I mention that she’s hilarious too. – Randy Becker, NexTV Entertainment
Let’s take a meeting. The first cup of tea is on me!