Hey there! I’m Joanne Rose
I writes original female comedies for Generation X women, by giving a strong voice to female characters.
I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and lived Los Angeles for over 20 years, before moving to Maui, Hawaii. I’ve been a screenwriter for over ten years.
I’ve always had a deep love for film, especially growing up in the 80’s watching movies by John Hughes, who is my greatest inspiration.
I studied Writing for Comedy and Writing for Television at RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) and took screenwriting courses and programs in LA.
I love to inspire and empower women through comedy to rise above adversity.
Vegan Vision Productions was the first production company I started in 2009, which focuses on web series and unscripted programs for TV.
I formed my second production company Sweetest Pit Bull Productions in 2015, which focuses on original female comedies for Generation X women, by giving a strong voice to female characters.
Just The Facts
- Web Series: The very first show I wrote, produced and performed in was the multi-award winning sketch comedy series, Vegan 101. The series launched online in 2009 and ran for 3 Seasons, ending in 2012. Season 2 guest-starred Oscar-nominated actor, Eric Roberts with music by Keaton Simons.
- TV Pilot: My TV pilot script, Life of Groupies won an award as an official finalist at the 2014 Hollywood Screenplay Contest and 2014 Beverly Hills Screenplay Contest.
- Films: My romantic-comedy screenplay, You Had Me At Aloha was a 2017 Aloha Accolade Award winner at the Honolulu Film Awards.
- I optioned my Christmas comedy script to a company in Canada who offered me a second deal for my romantic-comedy
- Acquired a shopping agreement to a music biography for screen adaptation
- My screenplays, The Christmas Blogger and You Had Me At Aloha are both amongst the top projects on Coverfly’s industry database
Joanne Rose is the hardest working comedian/writer you’ll ever meet. Huge thumbs up! And did I mention that she’s hilarious too. – Randy Becker, NexTV Entertainment
Let’s take a meeting. The first cup of tea is on me!